What to expect when becoming a client:
- Improved body composition (less fat, more muscle, better definition, firmness, etc)
- Increased flexibility and mobility
- Decreased pain and stiffness in the neck/shoulder area
- Improved posture
- Enhanced cardiovascular and metabolic conditioning
- Functional core strength for daily tasks such as lifting, carrying, moving etc
- Accountability and motiviation that sometimes isn’t present when you are working out alone
- A fun yet challenging work out regimen that’s progressive, constantly varied and designed to evolve you from what you are to what you want to be
- A personal commitment from me to help you become the best functioning human you can be.
I operate out of Body Mechanix in San Francisco, CA. Body Mechanix is a network of co-operative facilities throughout the bay area. Each location is comprised of a small number of trainers who share the facility and responsibilities. It differs from seemingly similar facilities in that we are very selective in both the quality AND quantity of trainers we allow to join each location. The benefit for you is that you don’t have to deal with the woes that typically accompany having a trainer in a commercial gym like waiting for equipment, crowds, etc. I worked as a trainer in one of these commercial gyms before joining Body Mechanix and I can honestly say that it allows me to provide significantly better service and deliver better results to my clients.
The two San Francisco facilities that I operate out of are located at:
219-A Brannan St
View Larger Map
To learn more about Body Mechanix:
My philosophy is that aesthetics is a product of functionality. If I can make you a better functioning human being, all of your goals involving physical appearance would follow suit. Think about it, have you ever seen a woman that could do push ups or pull ups but wasn’t lean and toned? Have you ever seen a sprinter that was overweight or even just a bit pudgy? Probably not. Conversely, have you seen an overweight or out-of-shape person who regularly performs “toning” and “sculpting” exercises? Have you come across people who do lots of ab/core work yet still have a considerable amount of belly fat? You probably have. That’s because they’re working on their body piece by piece. Well the human body wasn’t designed to work piece by piece, muscle by muscle. It was designed to work in compound movements and units to complete tasks; pushing overhead, lifting from the ground, jumping, running, etc.
This is why I focus on movements and exercises that are designed to make the human body excel at what it was designed. Whether your goal is overall better health, fat loss, muscle gain or just looking lean and toned, my objective is to get you to be able to:
- Do pull ups
- Do push ups
- Sprint for short distances
- Run/jog for long distances without having to stop
- Lift a heavy load overhead without injury
- Lift a heavy load from the ground without injury
- And a myriad of other skills and abilities that will not only improve your appearance but will promote a long, healthy, pain-free life.
- National Endurance & Strength Training Association
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Coach
- CrossFit Mobility/Flexibility Specialist